By Susan Schreibman, Ray Siemens, John Unsworth
This highly-anticipated quantity has been commonly revised to mirror alterations in expertise, electronic humanities equipment and practices, and institutional tradition surrounding the valuation and book of electronic scholarship.
- A totally revised version of a celebrated reference paintings, providing the main entire and updated number of learn presently to be had during this quickly evolving discipline
- Includes new articles addressing topical and provocative concerns and concepts reminiscent of unfashionable computing, computer fabrication, gender dynamics, and globalization
- Brings jointly a world staff of authors who're pioneers of cutting edge examine within the electronic humanities
- Accessibly based into 5 sections exploring infrastructures, construction, research, dissemination, and the way forward for electronic humanities
- Surveys the prior, current, and way forward for the sphere, providing crucial examine for someone attracted to higher knowing the idea, equipment, and alertness of the electronic humanities
Read or Download A New Companion to Digital Humanities PDF
Best movements & periods books
Publication annotation no longer to be had for this identify. name: Interpretation TheoryAuthor: Ricoeur, PaulPublisher: Texas A & M Univ PrPublication Date: 1976/07/01Number of Pages: Binding style: PAPERBACKLibrary of Congress: 76029604
The Italian thinker F. Rossi-Landi (1921-1985) performed pioneering paintings within the philosophy of language. His study is characterized via a critique of language and beliefs in terms of signal creation approaches and the method of social replica. among indicators and Non-Signs is a suite of 14 articles through Rossi-Landi written among 1952 and 1984 and provides an summary of his contribution to the philosophy of language and his critique of Charles Morris, Wittgenstein, Bachtin, and his Italian contemporaries.
This reassessment of Graham Greene's fictional paintings features a sequence of 8 essays which study his method of the writing of performs, brief tales, travelogues and novels of espionage and event.
Vladimir Nabokov, one of many twentieth century's maximum novelists, is very remembered for his masterwork Lolita. This severe paintings examines the iconic topics of Lolita and locations the unconventional in its right biographical, social, cultural and old contexts. Of specific curiosity are questions of affection in all of its manifestations, the principal challenge of time within the booklet, and reminiscence because it is explored in fictional memoir or, hence, the imperative protagonist's "confession.
- Romanistisches Jahrbuch 2004
- L'Aiguille creuse
- Malcolm Lowry Eighty Years On
- Malcolm Lowry Eighty Years On
Extra info for A New Companion to Digital Humanities
Hamlet’s tables and the tech nologies of writing in renaissance England. Shakespeare Quarterly 55, 379–419. Sterling, B. 2005. Shaping Things. Cambridge: MIT Press. Sterling, B. 2009. Design fiction. Interactions 16 (3), 20–4. Sterne, J. 2003. The Audible Past. Durham: Duke University Press. Sterne, J. 2007. Out with the trash. In Residual Media, ed. R. Acland. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 16–31. R. 1996. The War of Desire and Technology at the Close of the Mechanical Age. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
And Paventi, C. 2004. 3‐D printing the history of mechanisms. Journal of Mechanical Design 127(5), 1029–33. O. 2004. Openness, Secrecy, Authorship: Technical Arts and the Culture of Knowledge from Antiquity to the Renaissance. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press. Losh, E. 2012. Hacktivism and the humanities: programming protest in the era of the digital university. In Debates in the Digital Humanities, ed. K. Gold. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 161–86. Manovich, L. 2001. The Language of New Media.
2015. Toward problem‐based modeling in the digital human ities. In Between Humanities and the Digital, ed. T. Goldberg. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. Slade, G. 2006. Made to Break: Technology and Obsolescence in America. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press. , and Hermano, M. 2013. The Art of Critical Making. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Between Bits and Atoms Staley, D. 2013. 3‐D printing: data visualization. HASTAC. org/blogs/dstaley/ 2013/12/11/3‐d‐printing‐data‐visualization (accessed June 20, 2015).